Tuesday, November 6, 2012

So thankful...

So thankful, there is peace
in the midst of my storms.

So thankful, there is hope
when I am full of doubt.

So thankful, there is security abiding with the unknown.

So thankful for the breath I can take.

So thankful for the touch I feel.

So thankful, I can hear joy in every cry, every whisper, every giggle, every crash, and within the thunder.

So thankful, I can see the wind blow among the trees, the glimmer of mischief in the eyes of a child, and strength in my husband’s smile.

So thankful for my children, my most precious and priceless gifts, within them my world revolves.
They have spun me around and around...
lifted me off the ground.
Causing at times my life to be a blur...
They have taken me places I would have never gone, They have given me views I would have never seen...
They have touched my heart,
bestowing on me an aching calm, a serene surrender and a warring hope.

So thankful for dreams that are unfolding,

So thankful for life’s daily pursuits,

So thankful for the steps I have taken,

So thankful for the path behind me,

So thankful for pains and for pleasures,

So thankful for lies ahead,

So thankful that today’s sunset is tomorrow’s sunrise.

So thankful ... So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment