Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thanksgiving vs. Discontentment
Almost everywhere I look, around every bend in the road, displayed on face after face - discontentment. Eyes full of sadness. Frowns followed by forced smiles. Wrinkled brows of worry. Jaws clenched with anguish. Expressions devoid of happiness. Has negativity(the woes) won over?

I am wondering have we forgotten how to see goodness? Are we no longer thankful for life’s small blessings? Sometimes life is difficult...ok, a lot of the time. But, everyday is new; full of life's simple and profound pleasures. If we seek for good, we will find it.

Too many people are living life with blinders on. I don’t think they would recognize a blessing even if it jumped out, did a dance, and yelled, “Here I am a blessing, look at me, look at me! Wahoo!”

Encouraging others is one of the best blessings of my life! However, it seems no matter how much the good in life is pointed out, it simply isn’t good enough! The goodness of the “today” is overshadowed with the unseen worry of tomorrow. It is a battle not to jump on the bandwagon of discontentment. Fault-finders are everywhere, boldly shouting and pointing out what's wrong with life, ugh!

If we cannot celebrate in the small benefits of life, can we truly celebrate the monumental blessings? Contentment is a choice.....Don’t worry! Be happy!

During the month of November, I will be posting thanksgiving stories. I challenge each of us, to daily find something to celebrate and do so with a heart full of gratitude. The Wahoos vs. the woes.

I invite you to leave your daily blessings on my blog site; I would love to join your Thanksgiving celebration.
Happy Thanksgiving....

No comments:

Post a Comment