Thursday, February 20, 2014

Could This Little Bird...be Me?

See the little bird in the tree,
Hidden so masterfully.
Nestled, camouflaged delicately
Among the branches intricately.
Could this little bird...be me?

A silent statue on a limb
Shrouded, thus stoically dim.
Perched, yet poetically prim
A faint, fluttering rhythm.
Resolute, what stirs him?
Could this little bird... be me?

Change of posture, a sound slight
Suddenly, the bird takes flight.
A secret signal, soaring to the heights
The horizon lures his keen eyesight.
Flying higher, higher without fright
Sweet liberty, glorious delight
Could this little bird... be me?

Is there a height to high?
Is there a song, a shrieking cry?
A melodious lullaby?
Could I soar, attempt to fly?
Are there dreams beyond my eye?
My heart and soul, softly sigh.

Could this little bird... be me?


Dedicated to my children:  Christopher, Erica, Daphne and Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment