Thursday, February 13, 2014

More ... but Most of All

I want to cry, but I want to laugh more,
But, most of all I want the heart of Jesus.

I want to engage in battle, but I want the victory more,
But, most of all I want to be a warrior commanded by Jesus.

I want to journey, but I want adventure more,
But, most of all I want to be where Jesus has placed me.

I want understanding, but I want wisdom more,
But, most of all I want to obtain the mind of Jesus Christ.

I want life, but I want to really live more,
But, most of all I want eternity with Jesus Christ.

I want a voice, but I want to be listen more,
But, most of all I want to hear the silent whispers of God.

I want to be fearless, but I want faith more,
But, most of all I want the assurance found only in Jesus Christ.

I want to pursue happiness, but I want joy more,
But, most of all I want to exalt the Savior of my soul.

I want to see, but I want to observe more,
But, most of all I want to gaze into the revealing eyes of Jesus.

I want to climb, but I want to fly more,
But, most of all I want to mount up on wings of eagles and soar.

I want to be free, but I want to unshackle the world more,
But, most of all I want to be a bond servant to My Lord and Master, Jesus. 

I want justice, but I want righteousness more,
But, most of all I want redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ.

I want companionship, but I want to be a friend more,
But, most of all I want an intimate relationship with Jesus.  


I want to be me, but I want to surrender all of me more,
But, most of all I want Emanuel, Christ in me and through me.

I want hope, but I want to expect more,
But, most of all I want to wait patiently on the Lord.

I want to dream, but I want to believe more,
But, most of all I want to be found trustworthy by God the Father.

I want to be seen, but I want to be hidden more,
But, most of all, I want to be sheltered under the wings of the Almighty.

I want to move, but I want to “be still and know” more,
But, most of all I want to be found resting at the feet of Jesus.

I want to taste, but I want feel more,
But, most of all I want to see through the eyes of Jesus.

I want to run, but I want to finish the race of life more,
But, most of all I want hear “well done my good and faithful servant.”

I want to tell a story, but I want to be an epic tale more,
But, most of all I want my life to be written by the Author, Jesus Christ.

I want to be here, but I want to be there more,
But, most of all I want to be present in His Presence.

There are countless wants, and seas of endless mores
But, most of all there’s  ...  Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment