Wednesday, December 12, 2012

'Twas the Night before Christmas.... the saga continues

‘Twas the night before Christmas...



Out to the van my reluctant crew – flew
My two girls, my boy and my husband, too!

Into my seat, I ungracefully climbed
I took a deep breath and then I reclined.
 
 
 
As I leaned back my head, once more I turned ‘round
Three kids, one bag, and Dad, we were hospital bound.

The kids were sitting silently, snuggled in the back
With a quick sigh, a slight calm, I tried to relax.

The drive was long, jerky -irritatingly bumpy
This caused me to tense, and become rather grumpy.

The tires discovered every pothole, along our not-so- merry way
My breathing more rapid, I silently began to pray.

“Get me there! Get me there, get me there soon!”
I looked out the window and stared at the moon.

With a dip, a turn, a “y” veer from the street
I closed my eyes to focus, pressed hard down my feet.

Into the parking lot we entered, Oh phew- the final stop
We arrived, thank goodness, for I was ‘bout ready to pop.

Met at the door, by a very curious hospital staff
The scene stole my attention, I stifled a laugh.

‘Twas the night before Christmas...
when thro’ the maternity ward,
My family and I arrived, no longer were they bored.

Concern, worry, “what to do?” showed on every face,
Pregnant women we can handle, but children- this is not
the place!

We did put the hospital staff in an unprecedented dilemma. They looked at us almost stunned... deer in the headlight! Perplexed! We explained that there was no other place for our children to go, it was Christmas Eve, you know! For a moment I thought they might actually turn us away. (I wonder what went through Mary's mind, when she was told that there was "no room" for them?) Hesitantly, they put me in a birthing room, I began to settle in, breathing, breathing more (he-he-he- hoo, he-he- he-hoo), the transition stage of labor was coming to an end.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment